Home Forums Meteorite Topbar – menu right

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JuanMZC 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JuanMZC
    Participant

Hi there,

1. Can I set up menu right in the topbar? I can’t find that option here: Appearance > Customise >
    Topbar
    None
    With topbar (contact left, social icons right)
    With topbar (social icons left, claim right)
    With topbar (contact left, claim right)
    With topbar (menu left, social icons right)

2. Can I set up menu left and menu right at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

1. Can I set up menu right in the topbar?

In general only the options in the parentheses are available. However you can style them relatively easy if you need an option the other way around.

2. Can I set up menu left and menu right at the same time?

With some custom coding this would be possible. The function for the topbar is located in /inc/functions/functions-header.php. You could overwrite the function meteorite_nav_topbar() in a child theme just by defining the function on your own.
    Since you’re not using a child theme you would have to edit the output of the code.

Choose the last option with the menu under Appearence > Header area > topbar type, then find the line with if ( get_theme_mod('topbar_type', 'none') == 'topbar_4' ) in the file mentioned above and change the code.
    If you want a second different menu you have to use one of the predefined menu locations or just define your own menu. You can register your own menu in the functions.php where register_nav_menus is. After that use that new registered menu in the functions-header.php.

You would also have to adjust some stylings after your menu is set up in the right location, since the styles are optimized for the left alignment.

JuanMZC
    Participant

Thanks so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.