Home Forums Meteorite Default Demo theme customizing

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Terra Themes 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

C F
    Participant

Hi there
    I’m trying to use your default demo theme and it seems to be going ok, except that I can’t find anywhere to take out your stuff in the footer: the About, Projects and Where we are widgets. Where are they? Not in the customizer, and I can’t access them in live editor. Same with the text and buttons in the large header image so I’ve had to switch that off, but i’d like to be able to use it.

While I’m here, are Projects and the Portfolio similar things? I want to set up a page for an exhibition within our larger project, and thought that a classic portfolio would work, but would projects work better?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  C F.

C F
    Participant

And a third thing — if I try to adjust the template setting after setting up and saving a page, I get a 403 message. What is happening?

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can’t find anywhere to take out your stuff in the footer: the About, Projects and Where we are widgets

The widgets can be found in the Dashboard > Appearence > Customize > Widgets or Dashboard > Appearence > Widgets.

If you can’t see the footer widget areas, go into the Customizer > Footer and switch the number of footer widget areas to another one, revert it back and save again.

Same with the text and buttons in the large header image so I’ve had to switch that off, but i’d like to be able to use it

The large header image can be set for each page. The header image is set through the featured image for each post/page. The text and buttons can be edited if you edit the page and scroll down. The options are underneath the editor.

Make sure you have installed and activated the Meteorite Extensions plugin. This will extend the options for the header image.

are Projects and the Portfolio similar things? I want to set up a page for an exhibition within our larger project, and thought that a classic portfolio would work, but would projects work better?

In general, projects and portfolio should be the same. However, in Meteorite they are called Projects. If you have installed and activated the Terra Themes Tools plugin, the menu in the dashboard has got a link to set up the projects. How the projects can look like can be seen on the demo page.

What do you mean by “classic portfolio”? Since I don’t know what you want to create I can’t say which one would fit your needs.

if I try to adjust the template setting after setting up and saving a page, I get a 403 message. What is happening?

I just imported the layout in a test page. It seems to work fine there. This also didn’t happen during implementation and testing of that feature.

Here is an article about solving the 403 error in WordPress. Maybe some of the suggestions there work: How to Fix the 403 Forbidden Error in WordPress
    The suggestions are:

1. Deactivate all plugins and try it again. If it works, activate them one after the other and test it again after each plugin.
    2. Backup the .htaccess file from your server, delete it and test again. You can generate a fresh .htaccess file by going to Settings > Permalinks page. Simply click on Save changes.
    3. Checking the file permissions of your server. Please follow the guide on the article I’ve linked.

Let me know if you need any more help and if your problem has been solved.

C F
    Participant

Thanks for this, I dealt with the footer and header easily with your help.
    Re. the ‘classic’ portfolio, I want a simple gridded portfolio, but as a page rather than a landing page; most portfolios I’ve seen have been on the home page. So it is something you click through to from the landing page. I guess I can’t decide whether to use your portfolio feature or your project feature. It is a group exhibition, so each project will be one artist, and the page will feature all the artists in the exhibition.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  C F.

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

Thanks for this, I dealt with the footer and header easily with your help.

You’re welcome!

I want a simple gridded portfolio, but as a page rather than a landing page; most portfolios I’ve seen have been on the home page. So it is something you click through to from the landing page

The projects in Meteorite work like pages. You create projects through Dashboard > Projects > Add new and show them with a Meteorite: Project widget. The widget can be used in a page builder. Then the projects will show up in a grid layout. If you click on them, they open up the detail page of the project.
    The project widget can be used on another page than the landing page too. Just edit the page with a page builder like Elementor or SiteOrigin and use the widget there.

I still don’t know where you have seen something called portfolio. Meteorite only has projects, not portfolios.

It is a group exhibition, so each project will be one artist, and the page will feature all the artists in the exhibition.

This can be done with the project feature.

C F
    Participant

Hi again
    I’m wondering how to reduce the padding underneath page titles. I’m not using a header image, just the Website title & menu, and the page titles have a wide gap before the content, with no way that I can see to reduce that gap.

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

without knowing how your website exactly looks like and how it is built I can’t give you a precise answer to that question.

So please share your website link or a full screenshot of your website. Set it as a private reply if you want.

C F
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing the infos.

You can reduce the space below the menu bar within the Customizer > General > Page Wrapper, where you already changed some values.
    If you use a page builder on that page, the page builder page-template removes that space completely. Otherwise you could reduce the row paddings if you edit the row.
    If you can’t fix the 403 error and still want to change some paddings, you would have to use the developer tool of your favorite browser and find out which element has the padding. Then you can overwrite if via CSS.

Now I may know where your portfolio comes from. As far as I know, the Jetpack plugin provides this feature, which is however not supported officially by Meteorite. If may work, but I can’t provide support for that.

About the 403 error, if you have already tried the solutions from the article I have linked above, you might want to contact your hosting partner as it seems to be their 403 error page (see the text at the bottom of the error page).

You can change the login again.

C F
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I’ll try a combination of those things and see what sticks.

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

You’re welcome to share how you solve the problem.

Let me know in another topic if you need further assistance.

C F
    Participant

I just can’t find a way around that 403 message, have tried deactivating plugins, etc. I think I’m just going to have to start each page from scratch.

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I can’t really help you any further than the options from the article.

C F
    Participant

I did a work-around by cloning the pages and changing the template settings before saving. Everything is working now!

Terra Themes
    Keymaster

Great! I’ll mark this topic as resolved.

I would really appreciate if you could rate Meteorite on WordPress.org 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.